Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

Magic Box Poem

I will put into the box …
The silky black fur off my blind cats back
My mum’s red flowers inside the box.
My photos of when I was born.




I will put into the box …
Jewelry made of diamonds gleaming in the sunshine.  
The sharp white shell from the sandy white beach.
The tiny plastic hospital band from when I was born.




I will put into the box …
Memories of happy times when I win my games.
Food with the taste of delicious gooey caramel.
My country’s flag proudly waving in the wind on the Olympic pole.   




My box is fashioned from shining gold and sparkling gems, with butterflies bursting with color on the lid and I will put all my secrets in the corners.

Its hinges are made out of yummy red & white striped candy bars.

I shall dream in my box.



This week's writing we had to use our imagination to write your own magic box poem that paints a picture in our minds of the person reading the poem. My partner in this activity was Ma'ata.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous poem Jorja! You have painted a very clear picture with your words. I really like the line 'Food with the taste of delicious gooey caramel.' because I can imagine eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Anderson for your feedback.

    ReplyDelete